On the Friday before Halloween, HHS Freshmen and Seniors take part in some Halloween fun!
Check out the photos of the 2016 Senior Dress-Up Day and the 2016 Freshman Pumpkin Carving Contest on the HHS Facebook page! Be sure to like your favorites!
Seniors: make sure you put time, effort and creativity into your costume because we all love to see the amazing costumes you come up with. However, here are some restrictions to make sure good judgement is used:
- No masks or other items that obscure the face or could make identification of the student difficult.
- Nothing that could pose a potential safety risk to self or others, i.e. roller blades, skateboards, scooters, bicycles, stilts, long sticks or toy/play weapons
- Nothing that resembles a handgun, rifle or other firearm
- Nothing of a provocative, revealing nature - dress should be appropriate for an educational setting
- No costumes intending to resemble past or present staff members
- Nothing that demeans or makes fun of anyone with a disability or jests at social, cultural or religious groups
- Given the recent concern in the community and through social media, no clown costumes
Our hope in sharing this information ahead of time is to help support students in enjoying this fun event but also avoid some of the issues we have seen over the years.
- Use good judgement please! Let's keep this a really fun day for everyone.